Cap on attacking smaller players

If in fact there is a level cap in place, the only time I see evidence of it is when I want to attack someone.
I am getting attacked continually by 7 to 9 level higher players. They seem to have no problem attacking me
4 times in less than an hour. Is that because they are in a special guild? Is there a cap or not?

There is a cap in place, yesā€¦ currently.

I am still watching play styles and getting feedback on the caps, as it is clear that some changes to this need to be made, but if you are getting attacked by players, there will be nothing stopping you attacking back, or asking guild members (if you are guilded) to help you out with revenge attacks.

As long as the focus in on level, the system will remain broken.

It should be based on skill or combat rank.
Rank would be earned through pvp only and generates points that create a ladder system like is done with some club sports.

There should also be an element of luck involved in the attack. If it ALWAYS based only on stats then there will never be any risk involved by the stronger player. There needs to be a risk of losing rank, experience, or something tangible by an attacker when attacking. A trip to the Med center doesnā€™t really count unless they have to pay for it.

1 Like

Again, I repeat, I see no evidence that there is a cap in place. A few of the top players are in
control of the whole game. Saying I can attack back is no option at all when the players attacking
you are 8 or 9 levels higher than you. I just spent the last 60 minutes out of 70 minutes in the
Med Center and will probably be back in again as soon as I get out. Being attacked is part of the
game. Being harassed by higher level players is not part of a game that people will continue to play.

I agree.
Itā€™s possible to send somebody 24/7 to Med Center.

1 Like

Ok, well letā€™s find a way to stop the abuse. I am all for the game being ā€˜free for allā€™ after a certain level, as that is essentially the premise of the game.

This is unacceptable. Perhaps we need to need to add some form of limits here. One or more players making the game unplayable for another is 100% abuse, and not only does it annoy the player in question (understandably) but I think it hurts the reputation of the game, so I would rather get on top of that before we have a reputation to taint.

If anyone would like to offer suggestions that will stop this abuse without breaking the ethos of the game, then I am all ears, so please let me know!

Not sure why, but I missed this one. Perhaps a similar system would work here?

1 Like

You have my full support for this kind of change.

But a ā€œ3 attacks Capā€ would still make it possible to send sombody to Med Center for 60 minutes.
Than a Guildmate could take over for another 60 minutes.

Another possibility would be, to add some time lock.
Either to the attacker, sothat no more than 1 attack to 1 player can be made per hour.
Or to the defender, giving that player a ā€œfree from attackā€ period of 1 hour.

A cool down after leaving the Med Center might work. Canā€™t be attacked for 30 minutes after leaving?

Cool down expires automatically if the player attacks or mugs someone.

I like some of the ideas being proposed. Pablem has a lot of good points. Though Iā€™m sure coding would be a headache there is another thing that can be looked at. I am not a weak player, in a toe to toe shoot out I would have to injure the player attacking me, possibly a lot. But if the attacker is a high level player he will still win by getting me to 0 HP first. At the moment this is not considered in the game. If an attack showed that the attacker was injured as well and not able to attack anyone further until he healed to say at least 75% or 80% of his HP then that would make attackers at least think about whether it was worth it or not. Combined with a cool down system I donā€™t think anyone would be attacked constantly. My thoughts are that even the most wet behind the ears thug could get a lucky kick in on a Master Assassin. He is still dead but at least the Assassin paid a price.

I can understand where the limitations could have to be put in place, but it would have to be balanced some how so stronger guild members can protect the smaller ones. if itā€™s made to protect the individual against the guild then guilds wouldnā€™t serve much of a purpose. for example a player could go attack 4 members and then only be attacked once by someone in retaliation. then they get out of med and hit 4 more people again and can only be attacked once again. one way I could think to fix it is in a 24 hour period if you attack or mug someone in a guild 5 times, then someone from that guild can attack or mug you 5 times. pretty much each day you get pvp points, an attack or mug counts for 1 PVP point, and the more you do the more someone can do to you. if this was combined with a cool down period it would balance it out I think. default is once you attack someone you canā€™t hit them for 30 mins if they havenā€™t done any PVP against your guild in the 24 hour period. but if they have done 4 PVPs against your guild in a 24 hour period they can be attacked 4 times with no cool down by anyone in the guild they did the pvp against. in the same example once they have been attacked / mugged 4 times back, then it would revert back to a 30 min cool down, unless they do more PVP. It would have to be a 24 hour clock independent of the normal game roll over though, otherwise someone would just attack and mug 5 mins before roll over and be safe from any real retaliation. so if you attack once at 23:00 then that pvp point sticks with you until 23:00 24 hours later.

granted, I donā€™t have a big issue with it the way it is either, as itā€™s possible to use a cure and run away to protect yourself. but if it needs to be changed then I think the above would fix it for good. Iā€™ve been attacked by prime multiple times in a row, and I deserved it because I attacked and mugged people in his guild, and he was defending them, which is the way it should be. I simply used a cure and ran like hell before he could hit me again :). then he followed me and beat me up again, I thought it was more funny than anything. he even caught me with 500 in my pocket a second or two before I could click the link to buy a passenger ticket to run away lol. being in the med does make you play and use nerve and energy different, but still possible to play while dealing with someone attacking you. Iā€™m all for level caps on attacking, what ever that ends up being, that way there is some limitation on really high people attacking really low people, but this being a pvp guild game there has to be a balance so if someone who keeps hitting your guild mates, whether mugging or attacking can be hit back and taught not to mess with your guild :). if a guild is the most powerful either because of most players, or best trained players then yes, they would rain supreme and their guild members would have the most protection because you donā€™t want to be beaten up in retaliation. for example enforcers have 3 members who were in alpha testing so who wants to mess with their guild? all the alpha testers have 2 months of training on everyone else in the game which gives their members a big advantage and protection because they can put the hurt on anyone who messes with their guildies.

I know this is probably difficult to script into the game, but I think it would be a permanent fix to the issue. sorry about the length of the post but wanted to put my thoughts out there.

1 Like