Create A Crime - Competition!

I thought we would have our very first competition here on the Forged Space Community Forums!

In game you can commit crimes, both local and space based. You will have spotted that each crime has text for a Success, Fail & Fail moved to Detention Centre.

Currently we have Three ‘Local’ Crimes and Six Space based crimes that need descriptions. So we are looking for entries to fill these crimes.

What we need:

1: Crime Name
2: Text for Crime Success
3: Text for Crime Fail
4: Text for Crime Fail & Moved to Detention Centre

RULES
1: You may enter as many times as you like.
2: Keep text entries to a reasonable length. Two paragraphs of text at most.
3: Entries must be usable for a family audience.

PRIZES
For each entry we choose to use you will be awarded 7 days of Premium Account upgrade.

CLOSING DATE
This Competition is open ended

Have Fun and I look forward to reading your entries!

Coops

1 Like

Local Crime:
Mastermind a Crime

Success
You saw the opportunity, you found the right people, you taught them their parts, and you kept them from backstabbing you or each other. You deserve to be proud of that accomplishment.

Now you get to sell the loot and make the proper payouts and think of your next big scheme.

Fail
You tried, you knew that opportunity wouldn’t last, but the team you threw together just couldn’t do it. Maybe it Ben was too cool or Jerry was too slick. Maybe Sally would have been a better distraction than Priya.

Whatever it was, security caught on and you have to abort the job. At least no one was caught so time to move on.

Fail and Detention Center
You think there was a fink. Someone must have warned security about your plans. Was one of your hirelings a mole, or did someone talk where they shouldn’t have?

Well a short stay in a small cube with enough time to add your name and date to the wall. At least you don’t also need some time in the medical center.

4 Likes

Local Crime
Raid a Pharmalab

Success
Drugs are money and you need money to get drugs. Not for you! That lab’s security was a joke and who knew what you could accomplish with a lab coat, tablet opened to form full of checkboxes, and that ID you picked off of the Health Inspector.

To believe that they let you sign out those samples for detailed analysis back at the office laboratories…that was a stroke of genius!

Fail
Some corporate guards are better than others. When this group decided to check your stolen ID by calling back to the office you decided to ask for the loo, and just kept going.

No harm, just a little lost time while you work your nerve back up for a try at some other lab.

Fail and Detention Center
Those guards were sneaky, you think a couple might moonlight as thieves. They let you in with the fake Heatlh Inspector ID and you thought you were through the hard part. But one of them double-checked your ID with the Health Department who informed them it was stolen.

A whole crowd was waiting for you when you walked out with a full case of drug samples.

3 Likes

Local Crime
Pay Your Dues

Success

You would think these losers would learn. You pays for your rent, for your power, for your stock. Only right, you pays for your protection. Who knows when things might get broken, like that hand that just got broke … looks nasty that … I would get that to the med centre if I was you. Let me take those credits from you so you don’t have to put any more strain on that hand. Be back next week to see if them bones is healing nicely. Have a good day now.

Failure

How was I supposed to know he had one of those new-fangled robo-dogs! You knows, the ones with the special titanium teeth! Geez, look at the mess it made of me trousers and ripped jeans ain’t even in fashion this year. Good job he forgot to undo the chain … even so, that’s me personal best for climbing the 2m high wall!

Failure & Detention

Geez, he learned from last time. Thought he had to chain them cybernetic bulldogs up to keep his licence! Those teeth are darned sharp - look at the mess its made of me leg - gonna sue them manufacturers if I get an infection! And now I does me time and I gotta eat what passes for food in that med centre again!

2 Likes

Keep them coming folks, the more the merrier. Love the ones so far but need a few more to be selective with the initial ones we are looking to fill. Don’t forget the Space based ones as well.

Coops

Local Crime
Vending Mechanics

Success

Talk about taking candy from babies! What could be easier than this. Look at all these vending
machines here on the promenade. Each one my private bank. Insert this tongue shaped thingy
into vending machine coin slot. Wait 5 seconds, push red button. And! Bingo! Yes, thank you,
that is my change, yes, that too, and that.

Fail

What? Dang machine is robbing me! I did what I was told, insert thingy in coin slot and push red button.
What does it mean it doesn’t accept foreign coins? Oops, did I wait 5 seconds?

Fail and Detention

Oh, my head! Oh no, not here again. All I remember is a big wooden mallet coming out
of the top of the vending machine right after I inserted the thingy in the coin slot. I guess
I was slow in dodging because I awoke to the kind caresses of some piggly-wigglies
dragging me to the slammer.

2 Likes

Space Crime
You actually mine asteroids!

Success

I ask you, just what is the point in getting all dirty, sweaty and knackered trying to reduce big space rocks into shiny bits of metal if you don’t have to! It’s much easier just to rock up and take those mining cores after they have been extracted for you. What do you mean that’s not fair? These rather well-used space cannon indicate its completely fair! Don’t you think? Just look on the bright side … you get to enjoy mining all over again. Isn’t that just great :slight_smile:

Failure

Okay … okay … so I better learn to navigate through this large swarm of tiddly little space rocks. Just plum bad luck they smashed my drive ports and sent me spinning madly across the cosmos. Seemed easy when those miners did it! Oh well, at least that has given the hull a new make over - very Damien Hirst if I do say so myself!

Failure & Detention

That’s just so unfair! How was I supposed to know that police frigate was hiding behind that large blasted asteroid! I was only going to borrow those nice new shiny rocks … honest! You did not have to point those rather large laser cannon at me like that! I would have come round for drinks without that you know … well perhaps not … but if you insist so nicely, it would be churlish to refuse.

3 Likes

Last one from me for a while - cue resounding cheers !!

Space Crime
Who do you think you are? Boba Fett!

Success

When will they ever learn - sleep is for the weak! Mind you, your impersonation of a turkey trussed up for Christmas dinner is a joy to behold. I hope those ties don’t hurt - well perhaps not … at least they are not cutting the circulation off … I can still see colour in the tips of your fingers … but only just! That will teach you to rob honest citizens ever again. Don’t do it! That’s my job!

Failure

Darn it. Who put that twig there? And why do I always step on them? The mysteries of life, the universe and everything! Very impressive turn of speed you have there … just like a scalded cat I should imagine! And no, I’m always kind to animals, except for the human variety. Nice ship you have there, nought to light speed in the blink of an eye. What’s that? You’ll be back! Oh I do hope so!

Failure & Detention

Can’t we be reasonable about this officer? After all, they are the scum of the universe and it is a valid bounty. So what, if he’s missing a few pieces … none of them are that vital surely! I just like a personal souvenir or ten! Oh well, guess a little spell in the naughty corner is in order! But remember, you are not putting me in jail … you are putting the jail in with me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

1: Crime Name

Begging outside the Cybernetics Lab

2: Text for Crime Success

You dress in your oldest, most scruffy
clothing. You artfully apply a bit of streaked dirt to your face. You hold up a
misspelled piece of cardboard proclaiming how bad your circumstances are, it’s enough
to make all but the most hard-hearted melt and feel sorry for you. You nod, looking
on the point of bursting into tears as they toss a contribution into your
sorry-looking hat.

You pack up after a successful day doing very
little and are picked up by your partner in a top of the line luxury vehicle to
count your takings.

3: Text for Crime Fail

You dress in your oldest, most scruffy
clothing. You artfully apply a bit of streaked dirt to your face. You hold up a
misspelled piece of cardboard proclaiming how bad your circumstances are, it’s enough
to make all but the most hard-hearted melt and feel sorry for you.

You feel prepared for another day in the sun
taking money from any sucker that passes, but when you get to “your” corner
there is already another “homeless, down on his luck” con-man there ahead of
you. Oh well, let’s see if the next corner is free…

4: Text for Crime Fail & Moved to Detention Centre

You did it all just the way you always do.
You have practiced the forlorn look for so long your mirror thinks that is the
real you.

Well, now it is. How could you have known
that the man in the nondescript coat and hat was a cop? Yes, he’s been around
quite a bit, but never bothered you before, but maybe you haven’t been so
aggressive in collecting contributions when he’s been around, or have you?

He didn’t need to be so rough with you when
he arrested you, the clothing were designer, despite being dirty, now all you
have are designer rags, and time cooling your heels in detention.

2 Likes

Space Crime : Hack the Central Bank communications satelite

Crime Success:

Marvelous how you rerouted your ID to that abandoned Lance wreck on MacAllister Shipyard. By the time Galfed discovered this, we managed to brake into bank security systems and somehow a nice amount of credits went “missing”

Crime Fail

Right, all was going well, You did pickpocket the access code from that CEO you followed the other day,
However, you forgot to make a copy of his right hand thumbprint upfront,
Not being able to produce this in time, all alarms went off, but you were clever enough to mingle in the crowded spacelanes in a split second, before Galfed could stop and search you.

That saved your sorry ass from getting busted, but now my boss is very crossed and I would take another accomodation if I were you.

Crime Fail & Moved to Detention Centre

There you go, all went well, you got in!
But how stupid can you get, thinking you could get away with transfering a large amount of credits to your own bank account?

You better pray, that by the time you get out of jail, you are so often molested, that nobody recognises you anymore

3 Likes

Local Crime
Snag-a-Snarg

Success

See all those la-di-da Ship’s Captains walking around? Well most of them have pets. Yeah,
I know, it would be better to cook the Snarg and eat it but these Captains are rich I tell you.
So, all I gotta do is use this here throw net and capture me some pets. Hide out in the
maintenance tunnels until the Captain comes up with the ransom. This idea is going to
make me rich!

Fail

Oh my back. What? Yeah, I thought it was going to be easy. How was I to know these
pets are trained in Flunga Yu martial arts? When I made my grab it must have flung me
a good 25 feet.

Fail and Detention

This is downright humiliating. When I made my grab not only did that dang Ship’s Pet use Flunga Yu
martial arts on me but then he used my own throw net to capture me and drag me back to its Captain.
Oh well, guess I am going to be here awhile.

2 Likes

Some great entries here guys, keep it up!

Local Crime
Race Time

Success

Have a look at this. Yeah, it looks like a cockroach, but actually it is some kind of alien
techmaology or somethin. A mate who owed me big time gave it to me. It is fast as all
get out! So, I’m gonna take it down into the tunnels and win me some cockroach races.
What do you mean ‘be careful’? Those losers will never suspect a thing. Soon I’ll be rolling
in money.

Fail

So, I was winning race after race with my mechanical cockroach. Pullin in the dough. Then
one of those losers pointed out that he had never seen a cockroach with turn signal lights.
After a lot of grumblin about string him up and knives in the gut, they decided that I was
banned from the races and had to return everything I had won. Bunch of sore losers.

Fail and Detention.

I had won about 10 races straight with my trusty mechanical cockroach. Was I ever on a roll!
Suddenly someone yelled: ‘Raid’! In the mad scramble that followed somehow I was struck on
the head by a sap. I awoke lying in the middle of the evidence with some of it crawling on me
and the security patrol ready to drag me off.

3 Likes

Local Crime
Take Rival Guild Turf

Success

You figured you’d just roll over one of your rivals and take their turf, didn’t you? Well, between your ineptitude and their sheer determination, it’s a wonder you didn’t come home in a body bag. As it was, you did manage snag a bit of the promenade… for now…

Fail

Sounded like a good idea in your head, didn’t it? Knock off a rival guild enforcer and take their turf- you didn’t count on a few more showing up for the fun. You managed to shoot the place up and run to fight another day…You pretended not to hear the jeers and laughter following you…

Fail and Detention

How did Gal-Fed patrol units get here so fast? That rival guild you wanted to knock off must have called them in. Letting the law get involved- that’s not fair! At least you left them with as many broken teeth as they left you…

3 Likes

Space Crime
Raid Settlement

Success

All those little settlements out there are ripe for the picking. Using your time-tested method of throwing darts until you hit a name, you selected your mark, swooped in guns blazing, and managed to hold off their forces until you could grab…something of value and swoop back out. Hey, you managed to pay for the damage to your ship and bank a few bucks besides, so consider yourself lucky!

Fail

Swoop in, guns blazing, and swoop out? Really, that was your plan? A lucky shot by one of their guns caused you to crash, though the fiery landing kept them away just long enough for you to make your escape. Really, consider yourself lucky you broke even selling the scrap that was still embedded in your hull!

Fail and Detention

‘Swoop in and swoop out’ may have sounded like a good idea, but your unfortunate choice of a Gal-Fed frontier outpost was a poor one. Their guns chopped up your poor ship, and you ejected just in time to watch the exploding wreck light up the sky. Good luck getting out of their brig any time soon!

2 Likes

Space Crime
Raid Space Liner

Success

Your contact was right on the money this time- that starliner was carrying several wealthy passengers. Getting past the ship defenses wasn’t easy, but a few greased palms ahead of time bought you access codes to their docking bay. From their it was just a matter of holding them up and collecting the valuables. It pays to have good informants…

Fail

You shouldn’t have been so stingy with your contact! The starliner was carrying wealthy passengers…and a platoon of elite Gal-Fed marines he neglected to inform you of! The look of surprise on your face when they opened fire was priceless. You’re still getting the scorch marks out of your armour…

Fail and Detention

When are you going to learn your lesson? The ‘info’ you forced out of your contact nearly got you killed. If you had just paid his fee you wouldn’t have flown headlong into a Gal-Fed Q-ship. Of course, if you hadn’t tried to bribe them with a ‘charitable donation’ to their annual space rodeo, they might not have done that body-cavity search before locking you up…

3 Likes