Level 8 Mining Scanners available again?

Hi Guys,

I read in a post earlier this year that high level mining scanners have “been removed from the game until combat has been released, they will re-appear when combat launches.” However, I’m unable to find them.

I’ve recently found some asteroids with red question marks on them. I assume these are asteroids I cannot identify (or mine) with a Level 7 mining scanner.

Is there a Level 8 scanner available in the game? If not, is there some research required to be able to mine level 8 ice?

Thanks!

We are planning (shortly) to release these again. We need to verify their balance and that they are correctly stated, but they will be released shortly…

We were waiting on some further feedback from combat effectiveness and drag in / attack issues before doing so, but from what we have seem things appear to ‘about right’.

Promise :slight_smile:

Coops

Hi Guys,

I read in a post earlier this year that high level mining scanners have “been removed from the game until combat has been released, they will re-appear when combat launches.” However, I’m unable to find them.

I’ve recently found some asteroids with red question marks on them. I assume these are asteroids I cannot identify (or mine) with a Level 7 mining scanner.

Is there a Level 8 scanner available in the game? If not, is there some research required to be able to mine level 8 ice?

Thanks!

Sorry, not sure why this post ended up “outside” of PT Q&A as intended. I’ll repost there.

When the last combat update was added, merging the combat and mining screens we also rolled out a silent change to how Asteroids appeared to you on screen.

Now if your fitted scanners are not sufficient to scan the rocks they will appear as Question Marks. Only by fitting higher scanners will you be able to detect what they are.

Coops

High level mining scanners have now been released, you can purchase the schematics and build them.

1 Like