NPC Mission Primer

Today sees the release of NPC Missions. This one has taken longer to get out than a lot of the other adds as there is a deep level of complexity involved to allow the most flexible arrangement of objectives and rewards.

If you head over to Atlas Station in Terra, you will find the Phoenix Coordinator. He has a few mission chains added to get you started. When on the promenade, click on his image and you will see something like this:

If a mission appears red to you, hover over the question mark and it will tell you why you cannot access the missions. Click on the mission title, and it will load the mission in the right pane, showing something like this:

If you meet all the requirements, you will see a green button to accept the mission. Take a moment to read the short text there as it will tell you all you need to know to complete the mission.

Once you have accepted the mission, you can keep track of your progress with the mission log, which has been added to the Mission tab on the right side of you screen. Clicking that link will display something like this:

Your active missions will be listed down the left side of the screen, and you can click them to load the information in the right pane. If you have completed the mission, a green tick will appear next to the mission name so that you can see at a glance.

Whilst working on missions (there are lots more to be added, only a few are in place currently so that we can get feedback on them and stress test them) you will likely be awarded Faction as part of your reward. If you want to see where you stand with factions, you can click the Factions link in the same place you see the Mission Log. Clicking this will show a screen similar to the one below:

There are 4 primary factions, and a slew of sub factions. The 4 Primaries will always be visible, but the sub factions will only display once you have started earning them.

Obviously, the initial missions we have added are designed as “starter” missions, so you should all be able to breeze through them very quickly. Most of the skill requirements will easily be met, or the items required you may already have, so bear in mind that these are designed for brand new characters with little or no experience or skills.

Many many more missions will be added, and they will get harder and harder !!

Go run through them and see what you think. If you run into any issues at all though, it is VITAL that you STOP IMMEDIATELY and report the issue. DO NOT proceed with the mission chains at all, wait until we have investigated the issue.

Do not carry on through and report the issue a week later as that is no good to man nor beast, especially if you somehow manage to get more reward than you should have.

It is vital that we get feedback on this addition good or bad, so please ensure you come here to the forum and post your thoughts. I appreciate this is a pain and takes valuable time, but not feeding back is a waste of your time and ours. We need to make sure this is bulletproof then can move closer to opening the game up further to more people.

Thanks, and enjoy.

P.

3 Likes

So far going well. But I’ve finished one chain and there is no visible difference between that and one that I am still working. I think it makes sense to have some indicator of either chains you can work on or ones that are complete. Having the ones you don’t qualify in red is great.

So…I’m suggesting that chains that have an open mission that you can take be made green and let the completed chains return to the current colour (blackish?).

A logical suggestion @pablem I will see what I can do :smile:

I have opted to mark the missions complete with the word Complete… Those that you still have steps available will remain the dark colour…

I tried to add a green colour bar, but the interface looked like a tacky Christmas tree…

Hopefully that will help distinguish the missions better…

1 Like