Odd Combat sequence

Found 3x Maintenance Droids!
Death Dealer is destroyed, you are rewarded with 150 XP and 1200 creds!
Death Dealer hit You inflicting 25 damage
You hit Death Dealer inflicting 1 damage

If you read the above sequence from bottom to top: I hit the Death Dealer with a final shot of 1 damage. Still the Death Dealer is capable of firing back inflicting me with 25 damage before finally getting destroyed.

Visually on screen I saw the death dealer explode, fall apart in salvage and then his shot came out of the flames towards me.

Just wanted to let you know that it looked a bit awkward.
I suppose it is due to the (minimal) time difference between my browser and the server…

Thanks for letting us know @Testudo

I suspect a very short delay occurred between your browser and the server, causing the rogue shot to appear.

If this is the first time that it happened, I would say lets not worry about it. If you (or anyone else for that matter) see this again with any regularity, it would need further investigation so please let us know.

That rogue shot is not an isolated occurrence. it has happened to me a lot! I just figured that it was intentional as the shots back and forth are just part of the final round.

Sometimes I see that shot also after having retreated. Even when entering the same asteroid field with a different toon.
So this would be the sequence:

1. Toon A gets involved in attack and retreats.
  2. Toon A waits 30 second
  3. Enter orbit again
  4. the rogue shot appears, and one sees this in the combat log:
    Zellarite Cruiser hit You inflicting 34 damage
    Combat events will be shown here… (Newest at the top)

By the way this is a ping result to your webserver:
Ping statistics for 87.106.3.132:
Packets: Sent = 20, Received = 20, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 29ms, Maximum = 86ms, Average = 39ms